A few posts ago I teased you with some photos, and now it's time to share the recipe for those muffins many of your were so fond about. They are easy to make, and no stand mixer required. I personally do all mixing by hand.
3 cups (470 g) plain flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, beaten
2/3 cup (150 ml) olive oil
1 cup (250 ml) milk
1 cup (100-125 gr) shredded cheese (I used Swiss, Pecorino Romano, Feta, Mozzarella)
1 Tablespoon dried dill (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with butter.
2. In a large bowl combine together the flour, salt, baking powder, and dill. Stir and set aside.
3. In another bowl , whisk the eggs, then add oil and milk and whisk again.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, add the egg mixture and shredded cheese (any cheese of your choice), and mix all ingredients. Do not overmix!
5. Fill the cups with the batter, and level it with the rim.
6. Place in the middle rack in the oven, and bake 20-25 minutes.
When muffins are golden brown in color and springy to the touch, insert a toothpick in the center: it should come out clean.
Cool it for 5 minutes (if you can), and enjoy with butter or raspberry jam.
* This recipe was highly adapted from The WS Baking Book.