I am glad to rest with a glass of red wine, a toasted bread topped with a bruschetta and listen to a cracking logs in a fireplace...after about 10 hours of work to prepare best meals of the year.
Here is a list of already made dishes:
1. Spiced carrots - next year is a year of Dragon. My mom said that we need more spicy-hot food to please the Dragon. Well, who could argue with mom!
2. Traditional European salad Olivie.
3. Layered Herring Salad - for good luck.
4. Texas Caviar (from black eyed peas) - symbolic of money.
5. Sauerkraut - more cabbage on your plate bigger the fortune next year! :)
|Cake in progress...|
Tomorrow we will make a grape leaves stuffed with corn-amaranth-mushroom filling; baked fish; roasted chicken with a spicy rub. Also I will make a kale salad with a kumquats, a kiwi, and a red pepper. I tested this salad today - all was gone in seconds. I will post the recipe on the next Kale Tuesday.
I hope the Dragon will be happy and will bring good health, good luck, and prosperity to everyone.
Happy New Year!
Until Next Year,
Cowboy Country Vegetarian