I was shocked when I read this story yesterday. Because we have children, or we have friends with children, I decided to post today this information to spread the word around.
A few word about what happened: a 3-year old girl swallowed 37 (!) buckyballs, which had her intestines ruptured. The girl had an emergency surgery to repair damaged intestines. Poor little girl!
I decide to participate in the action "Spread the word" - small magnets are dangerous and should be kept away from young children who might swallow them. In fact, the CPSC warns that high powered magnet sets, like BuckyBalls, should be kept away from children under age 14 years". Source
This accident is a pure example of parental negligence. 37 buckyballs? Not one, not two, but 37!!! This child was left unattended for quite some time (the social worker in me speaks here). Come on, where were you, mom and dad?
What do you think?
Until next time,
Cowboy Country Vegetarian